How to hide properties on Edit Product page?

Working like sharm now! Going to start translating after the weekend.

The ‘add product’ page there are some options I want to remove: GL Account, ABC Classification, Inventory control.

And some I want to change the options like: Handling requirements.

I searched in the groovy file but couldn’t find anything that handles these options. Is there an other way?

The ‘add product’ page there are some options I want to remove: GL Account, ABC Classification, Inventory control.

At the moment, there’s no way to remove these properties but we could discuss adding a way to hide them.

And some I want to change the options like: Handling requirements.

Your best bet would be to create a new Attribute for handling requirements.

I searched in the groovy file but couldn’t find anything that handles these options. Is there an other way?

I would not recommend changing the code deployed to Tomcat (assuming there’s even a way to do that). You’ll want to fork the repository, make your changes to the source code, and then build a new WAR file that you’ll deploy to Tomcat.

However, it would be best if we can figure out a generic way to do what you’re looking to do so you don’t need to maintain your own fork.

For starters, can you create some tickets (Issues · openboxes/openboxes · GitHub) to describe what you’re looking to do? Or at least provide some more details here to describe what’s driving your requirements?

Justin

Best wishes!
First of all I want to say the support here is great! If I can contribute in anyway I will do it. For now I’m translating to dutch so maybe I can give you the translated file, etc. :).

Anyway, you mean I can request ‘how to hide the properties’ in the Github?

First of all I want to say the support here is great! If I can contribute in anyway I will do it. For now I’m translating to dutch so maybe I can give you the translated file, etc. :).

Glad we could help. And yes, I would definitely be interested in the translated file when you’re done.

Anyway, you mean I can request ‘how to hide the properties’ in the Github?

To clarify, we currently have a supported activity (feature flag) called “requires accounting” that requires a GL Account for all order items on purchase orders. We could use the same supported activity to hide that field on the Edit Product page and throughout the UI.

For the other two fields I’d have to have a good reason to hide them because they are generally useful for inventory management and not something you’d want to hide. For what it’s worth they are not required so you can tell users to ignore them for now. If you want more options for Inventory Control, then that should be handled in a separate requirement.

I just realized that there might be a better way to hide fields using Product Types. You can create a product type that “requires” certain fields. Currently, we use product types to perform “exists” validation whenever a product is saved with those fields. We could add a way to display / hide fields using the same mechanism. However, this would require a customization.

So yes, it would be great to get your feedback on why you’d like to remove those fields. You can just comment here and I can create a ticket when I have a better understanding of the requirements. If you need more help writing those requirements just finish these sentences

• As a superuser I would like to remove the GL Account field so that I can …
  • As a superuser I would like to disable the ABC classification field so that I can …
  • As a user I would like to remove the Inventory Control field so that I can …
  • As a user I would like to set the Inventory Control field to XYZ so that I can …

Justin