Bugs with openboxes translation to Lithuanian language

Hi, Justin,

We have translated messages_lt.properties to Lithuanian language using AI
However we see that some texts on the application are not translated, and most likely because these are hardcoded. See attached.
Would it be possible to fix this in the master?

P.S. we have adjusted css so the design looks bit different

(Attachment messages_lt.properties is missing)

@Artur I am forwarding this email from our support request queue. When you get back next week, could you quickly take a look at the screenshots and see whether you think these issues have been fixed in 0.9.x?

@jmiranda Sorry, I just found the notification about your question. I will check that out (or ask Kacper)

Thanks @Artur. And don’t spend much time on it. A quick response like “yeah i think we fixed some of those” vs “I have no idea and would have to investigate” would suffice here. We can validate most of these quickly and create tickets if it makes sense.

@jmiranda I think some additional labels were made translatable recently, but I do not remember if any of those marked here. I just threw an open question on our Slack channel.

What is currently the latest version?

Hey David

It’s complicated. The latest official release is 0.8.23-hotfix1 (from late last year) but we have unofficially released 0.9.0, 0.9.1, and 0.9.2 so far this year. So 0.9.2 is the latest release.

See the following announcement for release notes and the reason why we haven’t officially released these versions to the community yet.

https://community.openboxes.com/t/openboxes-v0-9-x-call-for-volunteers/1004

We have started development on 0.9.3 and I think the plan is for that to be ready by the end of the year.

Justin

@jmiranda @Artur I made a quick investigation regarding those labels and it feels like some of them have not been addressed yet, e.g. product form.
We also did some adjustments in the menu (e.g. Create Replenishment → Replenish picking bins) and there are some inconsistency in the labels used in the megamenu vs the actual labels that should be there.
TL;DR - we would need tickets for that, that could be addressed in the near future.

Thanks for investigating @kacper.

Knowing that we haven’t localized everything in 0.9.x is enough of answer for now. I’ll work on creating specific tickets for the actual issues we need to address.

As for the inconsistency with the megamenu labels, once we release 0.9.2 to the community, Girius and his team will need to do another translation pass to deal with those remaining labels. Our main responsibility will be to make sure we catch all of the places where localization hasn’t occurred i.e. jquery plugin placeholders, dashboard config, etc.

Justin

@jmiranda maybe I haven’t made it clear, so I will explain.

Blockquote As for the inconsistency with the megamenu labels, once we release 0.9.2 to the community, Girius and his team will need to do another translation pass to deal with those remaining labels. Our main responsibility will be to make sure we catch all of the places where localization hasn’t occurred i.e. jquery plugin placeholders, dashboard config, etc.

What I meant by the inconsistency is that not every menu element is translatable - e.g. we made some changes to labels (Create Replenishment → Replenish Picking Bins [inventory.createReplenishment.labelinventory.replenishPickingBins.label]), but we haven’t changed the label key in the megamenu, and it still uses inventory.createReplenishment.label, that doesn’t exist anymore in the messages file.