Errors while installing OpenBox on my GoDaddy Windows Server

Support,

Can you please provide me a solution to my installation errors while installing OpenBox. I have attached the log files.

Thanks,

Charles Burki | CTO
Innovative Logics LLC | SBA 8(a) Certified SDB | SBE/MBE/DBE/Texas HUB
7 Home Place Ct, Dalworthington Gardens TX 76016
M: 414-399-3762

Email: cburki@innovativelogics.com

Outlook-wlb053uf.png

catalina.2022-05-15.pdf (51.2 KB)

tomcat8-stdout.2022-05-15.pdf (53.7 KB)

tomcat8-stderr.2022-05-15.pdf (53.6 KB)

commons-daemon.2022-05-15.pdf (15.8 KB)

Setup is always a bit more complicated in Windows.

In tomcat8-stdout*.log you’ll notice these lines. This tells you where the application expects to find the configuration files.

Using configuration locations [classpath:openboxes-config.properties,
classpath:openboxes-config.groovy, file:C:
\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService/.grails/openboxesconfig.properties, file:C:
\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService/.grails/openboxes-config.groovy]
[production]

In tomcat8-stderr*.log you’ll notice these four lines are stating that none of these files have been found on the file system.

Unable to load specified config location classpath:openboxesconfig.properties : class path resource [openboxes-config.properties]
cannot be opened because it does not exist
Unable to load specified config location classpath:openboxesconfig.groovy : class path resource [openboxes-config.groovy] cannot
be opened because it does not exist
Unable to load specified config location file:C:
\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService/.grails/openboxesconfig.properties : C:
\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\.grails\openboxesconfig.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Unable to load specified config location file:C:
\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService/.grails/openboxesconfig.groovy : C:
\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\.grails\openboxes-config.groovy
(The system cannot find the path specified)

My guess is that if you created a configuration file (openboxes-config.properties) then you likely created the file under %USER_HOME%/.grails because that’s what the installation instructions say to do. But with Windows, Tomcat is executed as a service with a configured run-as user account (“LocalService”). That means the configuration files should be under the home directory for that user, which seems to be …

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService

By the way, I added .log and .out as accepted file extensions for uploads in case you ever need to upload a log file again in the future.