OpenBoxes - error http 404

Hi,
I’m trying to install OpenBoxes to see if it’s possible to use it to control the stock of schools here in Brazil.
I’m facing difficulties and I can’t find where the error could be.
I followed the steps for the installation, I just didn’t install apache2 because it’s optional.
The application does not start. In the log file I can see that Tomcat deploys openboxes.war but then servere errors appears.
I took care to install everything as described on the installation guide.
Ubuntu 18.04, Java 7 (through Azul), MySql 5.7.39
Tomcat responds normally on port 8080 for the default page but for OpenBoxes I get HTTP Status 404 - /openboxes

If someone could help me, will be great.
Thanks

part of catalina.log file

[localhost-startStop-1] ERROR context.ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException: Error executing bootstraps; nested exception is org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: liquibase.exception.LockException: Could not acquire change log lock. Currently locked by fe80:0:0:0:a00:27ff:fec8:b1f0%2 (fe80:0:0:0:a00:27ff:fec8:b1f0%2) since 8/26/22 10:33 AM
at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.context.GrailsContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(GrailsContextLoader.java:87)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:197)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:47)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:5110)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5633)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:1015)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:991)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:652)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1127)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:2020)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:473)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1152)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:622)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: liquibase.exception.LockException: Could not acquire change log lock. Currently locked by fe80:0:0:0:a00:27ff:fec8:b1f0%2 (fe80:0:0:0:a00:27ff:fec8:b1f0%2) since 8/26/22 10:33 AM
at grails.util.Environment.evaluateEnvironmentSpecificBlock(Environment.java:251)
at grails.util.Environment.executeForEnvironment(Environment.java:244)
at grails.util.Environment.executeForCurrentEnvironment(Environment.java:220)
… 5 more
Caused by: liquibase.exception.LockException: Could not acquire change log lock. Currently locked by fe80:0:0:0:a00:27ff:fec8:b1f0%2 (fe80:0:0:0:a00:27ff:fec8:b1f0%2) since 8/26/22 10:33 AM
at liquibase.lock.LockHandler.waitForLock(LockHandler.java:170)
at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:100)
at liquibase.Liquibase$update.call(Unknown Source)
at BootStrap$_closure1.doCall(BootStrap.groovy:487)
… 8 more
Aug 26, 2022 2:21:42 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: One or more listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file
Aug 26, 2022 2:21:42 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: Context [/openboxes] startup failed due to previous errors
Aug 26, 2022 2:21:42 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase clearReferencesJdbc
SEVERE: The web application [/openboxes] registered the JDBC driver [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
Aug 26, 2022 2:21:42 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase clearReferencesThreads

You must have interrupted the database creation / migration process since there’s a record in the changeloglock table. Delete the row in the changeloglock table and restart Tomcat. Then let the application complete the database migration process without interruption (this could take a while). Once that is complete you should be good.

Thanks for responding so quickly.
Before asking for your help again I’ll try to study a little more to try to do this, since I’m practically an idiot in sql. I’m from the time when using xbase files was the ultimate in technology… I’m almost a technological dinosaur.

Houston we have a problem.
select * from changeloglock;
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table ‘openboxes.changeloglock’ doesn’t exist.

Drop the database and recreate it again?

Keep asking questions. This is the right place for that. FWIW we should also have a troubleshooting section of the docs that addresses common problems like this.

Sorry i’m not sitting at my computer so I was being a little careless. The table name might require all caps and I think it might actually be DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK. If not look for something similar.

Hy Justin,
Unfortunately I don’t have this table or something similar in the base.
I did a search using the command show tables like ‘%log%’ and only the product catalog tables appear.
product_catalog and product_catalog_item

Those other tables can’t exist without the Liquibase DATABASECHANGELOG and DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK tables.

When you do that query use %LOG% instead of %log% since those two tables are in all caps.

Can you execute the following command after logging into the openboxes database.

show tables

And post the output here.

Final Results
Justin x Eduardo
3 0

Now I don’t feel so stupid in SQL… I learned a few things… uppercase and lowercase make all the difference.

Thanks so much Justin, I got the system up and now I will start to learn about it.

1 Like