Restrict making bin locations

Hello,

I would like to see an option, or in the groovy file, that you can restrict making BIN Location for a certain person to only the location set.

So for example:
John Doe, can only make BIN Location in the locations: Warehouse 1 and 2, and NOT in warehouse 3.

Hey @David_Douma

This is a great idea. We’ve got a security refactoring on our roadmap, so I’ll ensure this gets included in those requirements. I don’t have a timeline for this, but it was blocked by our upgrade to Grails 3 (which is now unofficially complete).

FWIW, this is more complicated than the conventional role-based access control mechanism we currently use since it requires us to implement record-level access control rules for certain record types (in this case, Location). However, if you assign a location-based role to a user, it would make sense that this use should only be able to access the resources under that location.

Justin

Ah thnx!

Yes the security needs some refactoring. I would also like an few options more. Is it an idea that I set them on paper and share them to see if it’s possible?

Sorry, @David_Douma I missed this question earlier.

Is it an idea that I set them on paper and share them to see if it’s possible?

Yes, this would be great. I’m not sure when we will begin work on that, but having your requirements before we start will help us evaluate and adopt a security framework that fulfills most of our needs.

Probably one of these three:

Justin